Korean Women's Fashion

Friday, January 14, 2011

So previously, I covered men's fashion in Korea. Today, I am inspired to do women's because I saw this Korean girl in a very stylish winter outfit earlier on the bus. I really admired her outfit and wished that if I wasn't so prone to the cold (darn you Canadian winter!), I would pull off the same look.

Fashion in Korea today for girls has some variety, but it generally encompasses the following traits: feminine, cute/lovely, and minimal. Of course, you do have some odd ones out, but that is generally for Korean entertainment when they take fashion to a whole new level.

Korean teens love to be cute. Their outfits can range from ruffle skirts to over-sized colourful sweaters. Anything that makes them look youthful and innocent.


For women in their 20s or older, their outfits are more sophisticated and natural. From what I observe, they like to pair a very nice skirt and tights with simple flats or heels. On top, they like to have cardigans or blazers as well as a long necklace to add to the touch.


Women's fashion in Korea is definitely lovely. I adore their chic and elegant style and I hope they will have more influence in North America.

No comments: