Etsy Product Review: Japanese Donation Earrings by KanzashiR

Saturday, April 2, 2011

This is my first product review ever! I have been reviewing novels on my other blog, Stop, Drop, and Read!, for the past three years and still am (it focuses on teen novels and Japanese translated graphic novels). I wanted to take a stab at product reviews because hey, I like to give my opinion on things and help spread the word for shops that I like.

As you may have seen on the blog, I have been listing different Etsy sellers who are donating part or all of their sale proceeds to help Japan. I decided to buy from Etsy for the first time these gorgeous donation earrings from the seller, KanazashiR, who usually sells lovely Japanese hair sticks:

Picture from the shop

The price was $13US, with a $2 shipping fee regardless of country. She donated $11.53US to the American Red Cross after she had subtracted the shipping fees, Etsy fees, and Paypal fees. She sent me the receipt right after!

When I first opened the package, I noticed that she wrapped it in an origami piece of paper where she has written her note to me. I found this very unique. When in turn came to the earrings, I was slightly disappointed that they are much smaller than pictured. Nonetheless, they are still very pretty.

Excuse my bad skin!

During the time when I tested the earrings out, I noticed how it immediately jazzed up the plain outfit I currently wore. I think these earrings are so lovely and they can be worn casually or formally.

I think these are totally worth buying because not only it is going towards a good cause, but it is something you cannot help but love!

I think I will be wearing these often!

No comments: